Monday, November 14, 2011

My BIFF in Lists

Lists are such a terribly reductive, unnuanced way to reflect on films but seeing as I've written 15 reasonably substantial reviews over the course of BIFF I feel like I've earned the right to indulge in every film lover's guilty pleasure. I'm not even going to attempt to add meaning to my list as Brad Nguyen did with his themed MIFF breakdown. Instead I'm simply going to rank them using Nick Davis' patented system of brackets headed by song titles, enhanced (or debased) by the addition of numbered rankings. Unlike Mr Davis I'm not much of a fan of pop divas so I'm going with the delightfully wonky titles of one of my favourite bratty indie bands. After the break the rankings are:

I Just Sighed. I Just Sighed. Just so You Know
1. The Kid with the Bike
2. Persona
3. Policeman
4. I Wish

Plan A
5. Mysteries of Lisbon
6. Good Bye
7. Elena

We've Got Your Back (Documented Minor Emotional Breakdown #2)
8. Take Shelter
9. Tyrannosaur
10. Le Havre
11. The Boxer's Omen

...And We Exhale and Roll Our Eyes in Unison
12. Even the Rain 
13. Las Acacias

This Is a Flag. There Is No Wind.
14. Another Earth
15. The Yellow Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment